We are seeking an innovative, forward thinking and hardworking coach who can create a positive learning environment to join our coaching staff and to help develop our academy goalkeepers, primarily in the U12 & U13 age groups whilst supporting across U9-U14s.
See below the full job description and person specification.
Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Academy Manager, Academy Head of Coaching, Academy Head of Goalkeeping
Build Relationships with
Academy Manager, lead Phase Coaches, Coaches (Part Time), Heads of department, First Team staff, Player Care Manager and Players.
Premier League clubs & Football League clubs, FA, Universities/colleges, FAYCD, and PFA.
Competitive and based on knowledge and experience
Cheltenham Town FC Training Ground, Cheltenham, GL51 9RX
Working Pattern and Work base
· Flexible working arrangements/hours
· Required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings and weekends, on bank holidays and public holidays.
· Required to work across different bases
Regular travel to fixtures, meetings and other events in connection with performance of the duties detailed below.
Overall purpose of the job
Support the Lead Phase Coaches and Academy Head of Goalkeeping with football and holistic development of the Goalkeepers within the academy.
Responsible for the planning and implementation of individual learning plans in line with club coaching and playing philosophy for Goalkeepers.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
· Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspect of coaching and coach development is up-to-date and forward thinking
· Build relationships throughout the Academy and broader
Coaching Curriculum, Playing and Coaching Philosophy
· Deliver the Academy’s GK Coaching Curriculum and ensure it is consistently delivered in line with the Academy’s (and/or Club’s) Playing Philosophy and Coaching Philosophy.
· Have an input into coaches matchday/individual objectives on a match basis.
· Adhere to matchday protocol.
· Ensure the minimum player to coach ratio for all sessions and matches are met 10:1 ratio.
· Attend academy games and deliver GK warm ups and provide match day input for GKs.
· Ensure performance analysis sessions are taking based on previous match or current GK curriculum theme.
· Ensure players training and feedback are completed weekly on PMA.
· After every 6 weeks block player must receive an MDT written review.
· Attend sit down player and parent interviews and ensure academy player competencies has been completed by players and coaches.
· Set and review GK ILPs every 6/12 weeks dependent on phase
· End of season multidisciplinary report provided to all players by the end of the season.
· Meet with HOR, AHOGK AM to discuss decision on signing GK trialist and implement decision made in line with protocol.
· Attend and input into departmental multidisciplinary meetings
Such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and to assist the Academy Manager
Person Specifications (Essential)
· UEFA B GK Coaching Licence
· UEFA B Coaching Licence
· FA Advanced Youth Award (or working towards)
· Safeguarding and Protecting Children
· Level 2First Aid for Sport (EFAiF)
Experience of working in at least 1 of the following roles:
· A GK coaching role
· A managerial role
Knowledge and/or experience of at least 3 of the following:
· The process of learning in young people (pedagogy)
· Running and designing development programmes
· Football coaching
· Leading a team
· Managing people
· Sports Psychology
ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Have a ﬂexible attitude to work
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Have a polite and courteous manner
· Be organised, have good time management skills
· The ability to meet stringent deadlines
· Be able to adapt to diﬀerent and changing situations
· Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
· Have a personable approach
· Have a full clean driving licence
· DBS clearance
· To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.
N.B. This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The Club reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with us the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the job description and person specification, please apply by email with a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Cheltenham FC values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, therefore all applicants will be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form so that we can monitor whether we are attracting interest from a diverse range of candidates. It will not affect your application in any way.
Closing date for applications: 1st November 2022.