Cheltenham Town is looking for a creative and forward-thinking individual to lead its media and communications strategy, engaging and entertaining its loyal community of supporters.
You will be an excellent communicator and work closely with the football and new commercial teams, developing new ideas to grow our audiences.
This is a big challenge at an exciting time for the Club, achieving its highest ever finish in League One last season.
DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGEMENT (70%)
- Lead and manage all digital content across the club’s digital and social media channels to include match coverage, video features and social media.
- Produce creative multichannel content in a creative and innovative way to ensure the supporters are both entertained and engaged with the Club.
- Lead the Club’s marketing initiatives, producing regular reports to track progress across the Club’s various channels. Work closely with the Board to identify key targets and aims.
- Support the commercial team, helping to create effective and impactful campaigns to promote the club alongside its partners.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial to identify and deliver commercial opportunities for digital media and content.
- Continue to identify industry trends and new ways to communicate with supporters
- Act as the gatekeeper for the Club’s brand, developing its house style for all aspects of the club.
- General maintenance and updating of the Club’s website.
- Promote positive working relationships between the Media Department and other departments within the organisation including Community, Academy and Ladies teams.
PRESS OPERATIONS (30%)
- Work with the team manager and Board with regard to media issues.
- Assist with PR and press releases for all club departments with particular emphasis on commercial revenue generating activities.
- Organisation of the Club’s press operation (e.g. pre and post-match, and special events). Liaison with local and national media representatives, facilitation of interviews and photographs for accredited media organisations.
- Handling of media general enquiries and management matchday media accreditation using IPBS system for home and away matches.
- Home matchday tasks including preparation; website reporting; social media; organising website commentary; managing press box and media conferences; dealing with the club’s SMS system; writing up the manager’s post-match interview; managing the club’s media volunteers from the University of Gloucestershire.
- Oversee the production of the matchday programme.
- Maintain healthy relationships with local and national journalists as well as other football clubs.
- Manage media services in accordance with the club's Customer Charter and other policies.
- Liaise with Football League Media Department Department and attend meetings and seminars as required.
- Liaise with media organisations regarding special events such as live television games, events at the stadium etc.
- Comply with the Company Policy requirements for Equal opportunities, Racial Equality, Sex Discrimination and Disability.
- Oversee the utilisation and maintenance of Media Department facilities and equipment.
To apply, please send your most recent CV and a covering letter outling your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, June 10
Interviews w/c Monday, June 13
No agencies please.