We are currently recruiting for the new position of Commercial Operations Manager.
This is an exciting time to join the team, entering a sixth season in League One after securing the club's highest ever league finish in 135 years.
You will play a leading role in the successful delivery of commercial rights across the club's commercial programme. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing strategies to drive business efficiencies across matchday and non-matchday and be responsible for the commercial success of some non-matchday income streams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Commercial rights delivery (50% of role)
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial ensuring all contracted commercial rights across the Club’s commercial programme are delivered accurately, on-time and to a consistently high standard.
- Manage the commercial rights inventory management providing regular updates to the Head of Commercial.
- Be responsible for the successful delivery, production and maintenance of in-stadium commercial assets (advertising boards, signage, poster sites).
- Work in collaboration with the Office Manager to devise and deliver an efficient invoicing framework.
- Assist the Head of Commercial in the production of commercial contracts and booking forms for club partners
2. Non-matchday and matchday income and operations (30%)
- Drive the commercial strategy, delivery and implementation to ensure non-matchday assets are being leveraged for commercial success, including but not limited to the car park, external events, facility hire and conferencing
- Manage the operational elements of matchday hospitality including the processing of ad hoc bookings, client management, supplier management and event delivery
- Work closely with the Head of Security, Head of Commercial and other key stakeholders to ensure maximum capacities across all stadium assets are being monitored (car park, hospitality lounges).
- The Commercial Operations Manager will also develop a system to track and communicate this internally pre-match.
3. Facilities management (20%)
- Responsible for ensuring all client facing facilities associated with the Club’s commercial operation are fit for purpose and of high quality: hospitality boxes, hospitality suites, ticket office, car park and Club bar.
- Ensure all Club facilities are maintained and improved, managing any external stakeholder relationships in relation to the delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of Security, Head of Commercial and other key stakeholders to ensure maximum capacities across all stadium assets are being monitored; car park, hospitality lounges.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Structured, focused and driven to learn
- Able to work under pressure and to short timescales
- Demonstrate passion and understanding of the football industry
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in Commercial Rights Delivery, Operations Management or Event Management
- Experience of working in the sports industry (rights holder, brand, venue or agency)
- Bachelor Degree
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Salary: £25,000 and bonus
Closing date: Friday, May 27
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most recent CV and covering letter. No agencies please.