Cheltenham Town Football Club are seeking to recruit a First Team Analyst who will be required to provide pre, live and post-match performance analysis for the first team.
You will be based at The Cheltenham Town Training Ground, Quat Goose Lane, Swindon Village, Cheltenham, GL51 9RX with travel to 1st Team home and away fixtures.
- Provision of pre, live and post match analysis services for the manager, coaching staff and players.
- Pre-match opposition presentations using video, statistical analysis and background information.
- Filming and coding games and training sessions for all 1st team fixtures and training days.
- Preparing post-match report (next day) using video/statistical information.
- Maintaining and updating player related performance databases.
- Running long-term analysis projects, presenting key trends/findings and ad hoc duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Manage performance analyst interns at 1st Team level
- Liaise with Head of Academy Analysis to ensure 1st Team Processes are being mirrored at academy level.
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Completed an under-graduate/post-graduate degree in Performance Analysis/Sports Science or related discipline at 2:1/Merit or above.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working Full Time within professional football at first team performance analysis level (essential).
- Knowledge of teams and players in EFL League One
- High level of tactical/technical football knowledge within an elite level environment.
- First-hand experience in the use of industry standard analysis products including (Hudl SportsCode, Coach Paint, SBG, etc.).
- Advanced computer skills (Mac and Windows) with experience of managing, summarising and presenting large sets of data.
- Experience in the use of statistics to identify player and team performance trends (previous experience of using OPTA / Wyscout data desirable).
PERSONAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- An excellent communicator
- A hard worker with acute attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Innovative approach to work, keen to expand own knowledge and practices
- Flexible approach to working hours - willing to work unsociable hours where required.
- This a full time role that include work on weekends and evenings (as needed by line manager).
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Cheltenham Town FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures.
- Cheltenham Town FC are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment
- Hours are full-time.
Cheltenham Town Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
Cheltenham Town is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment
To apply, please email CV and concise covering letter answering the below questions and any additional information if relevant to email@example.com by Tuesday, July 5 at 6pm.
- What experience and knowledge do you have that would allow you to excel in the role?
- How would your personal skills fit the role?
- Where would you plan to be based for the role?
Due to the high amount of applicants expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.