Fantastic Partnership for the club
Cheltenham Town have this year been working with Nuffield Health Cheltenham to help rehabilitate our injured players.
Using the fantastic facilities at their clinic, players such as Harry Pell & Amari Morgan-Smith have been able to speed up their recoveries as they look to help the Robins during the run in to the end of the season.
The most important machine is the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. It allows the players to alter the percentage of body weight that is put through the injured areas and get them back running much sooner than they otherwise would have been able to.
Here are the full benefits of using the AlterG:
• Allows patients to move with less pain during physiotherapy sessions whilst reducing the risk of further injury
• Provides Physiotherapists with an accurate tool to track patient progress, keeping them engaged during rehabilitation
• Helps clinics and therapists to set themselves apart by offering the most advanced physiotherapy technology available
• Allows Physiotherapists to easily observe and analyse their patients range of movement
• Acts as both a rehab device and wellness tool that gets patients excited and motivated to continue using it for regular training
Watch a Robins TV feature as Aaron Downes & Amari Morgan-Smith were working with club Physio Gav Crowe at the Nuffield last week:
The machine can also be used for:
•Physiotherapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
•Rehab after total joint replacement
•Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
•Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
•Injury prevention during sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programs
The AlterG is suited to any sportsmen at any level, from the budding Olympian to a sunday-league player and can help to get you back training faster after injury.
For self-referall, contact the Nuffield on 01242 246552 or visit their website