Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
29 December 2018 Venue Jonny-Rocks Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match pack: Forest Green (H)

28 December 2018

Fresh on the back of the superb Boxing Day win over MK Dons, the Robins return to action on Saturday with a final run out of 2018 at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium against Forest Green (kick-off: 3pm).

Victory over promotion chasing MK last time out continued Michael Duff’s sides superb form and made it six consecutive home wins in all competitions.

Saturday’s contest will be another gruelling encounter against a team pushing at the top end of the table as the Robins head into the 90 minutes that lie ahead full of confidence.

There is limited seating availability for the clash, though there is still plenty of room in the standing areas at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium, as the Robins look to cap 2018 with another big performance in front of a strong home crowd.

Team news

Ryan Broom and Jacob Maddox are facing a fight to be fit, while Kevin Dawson is likely to be involved in the squad again after returning as a late substitute on Boxing Day. Sean Long remains sidelined through injury.

Watch Michael Duff gives his pre-game thoughts here:



After victory at Newport County on Boxing Day, Forest Green sit seventh in League Two, just inside the divisions play-off places.

They visit the Jonny-Rocks Stadium as the fourth tiers most in form away side and boast a squad featuring a number of high profile names.

Wales international George Williams struck a hat-trick for The Little Club on the Hill on Boxing Day, having previously represented his country at international level, while the likes of Reece Brown, Liam Shephard and Joseph Mills bring knowhow gained from careers spent further up the pyramid.

The FGR squad includes former Cheltenham midfielder Carl Winchester who spent 18 months at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium, leaving in the summer to make the switch further down the M5 on a two-year deal.

This is Forest Green’s second season in the Football League – the highest level they’ve played at in their history. Traditionally perennial strugglers at the top tier of the non-league game, significant financial investment has seen the Nailsworth club rise to prominence, seeing them become the second ever Football League club in the county following their promotion in 2017.

Last time out

Saturday’s game is the second league meeting between the two clubs this season. The first contest came back in October at The New Lawn when FGR came from behind to earn a point in a 1-1 draw.

Tyrone Barnett shoved Cheltenham in front as he followed up Robert Sanchez’s first half penalty save, though a header from Joseph Mills ensured it was a point apiece in front of an attendance of 3,582.

Watch the highlights from that match:



There are a limited number of seating tickets available for the game. Tickets for the Autovillage Stand will not be available on the turnstiles, while there’s limited seating in blocks 2-6 of the Completely Motoring Colin Farmer Stand, and block 7 will now be open.

Tickets for all standing areas in the Speedy Skips Stand and the Paddock are available to buy at the turnstiles.

Purchase tickets in advance online by clicking here. The ticket office will be open from midday with the club shop open too for fans wanting to purchase merchandise before kick-off.

The car park is sold out for the game – fans who haven’t booked will be unable to pay for parking on the day.


Follow @CTFCofficial on Twitter for updates throughout the match and team news in the build up to kick-off. You can also check out score updates on the club’s official Facebook page, and after the full time whistle you can visit the club website to read the match report and watch the reaction from inside the camp.

Listen to live radio commentary via iFollow by visiting

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Full-time: Cheltenham Town 2-2 Forest Green Rovers - highlights & report

29 December 2018

Apologies, this video is unvailable.

Cheltenham Town staged a dramatic comeback as they came from two goals down to earn a point in the Gloucestershire derby against Forest Green Rovers.

The visitors seemed to have a strong hold on the game after they scored two quick goals in the second half through Tahvon Campbell and George Williams.

But it was the Robins who showed great character to get back into the game as substitute Luke Varney and Conor Thomas grabbed the goals to earn Cheltenham a point.

Boss Michael Duff made one change to the side that beat MK Dons last time out, with captain Johnny Mullins coming for Will Boyle in defence.

Forest Green were the one’s to test the Robins defence first when defender Jordon Forster gave away a free-kick just outside the box, but George Williams’ strike was well held by Scott Flinders.

It was a tight affair in the opening quarter of the game, but Cheltenham responded well moving the ball confidently through the middle of the field, but Tyrone Barnett failed to test visiting keeper James Montgomery after his effort went over the bar.

Forest Green did threaten on the counter, though, and Lloyd James came close for the visitors when a good exchange of passes allowed him time on the edge of the box to have a shot, but his curling effort looped onto the top of the net.

The Robins responded well to the visitors pressure, and nearly took the lead when Montgomery parried Chris Hussey’s cross into the path of the onrushing Alex Addai – however, Montgomery was in position to deny the attacker. 

At the other end, Cheltenham stopper Flinders pulled off a miraculous save to deny Joseph Mills’ goal-bound effort as the away side started to find joy through the middle of the Robins defence.

Michael Duff’ side continued to press towards the latter stages of the opening period and there were shouts for a Robins penalty after a Ben Tozer long throw struck a mass of bodies just inside the box, but referee Robert Lewis waved away the appeals in a goalless first half.

The opening five minutes of the second half saw the best chance of the game, and it fell the way of the Robins.

A nice change of pace from Addai saw him beat Farrend Rawson with ease down the left wing and his dangerous low ball into the area fell the way of Tyrone Barnett. Unfortunately for Town, the striker’s miscued shot went just past the post.

Forest Green hit back moments later after a set-piece on the area spilled out to Reece Brown, but the midfielder’s effort went high over the bar.

It was the visitors who capitalised on their chances to take the lead after a splitting through ball put Tahvon Campbell through one-on-one and despite Scott Flinders getting in the way of his effort, he failed to prevent it trickling into the net.

Forest Green didn’t waste time doubling their advantage after another through ball set George Williams away and he made no mistake in putting the ball past Flinders. 

Town looked to get back in the game after that setback and Jordon Forster came close to getting a quick response after he connected well with Hussey’s delivery, but a fine stop from Montgomery denied the defender.

However, the Robins did respond with ten minutes left in the game after a mistake allowed substitute Luke Varney a run in on goal, and he put it past Montgomery with ease to give the Robins hope.

Cheltenham restored the contest, and the atmosphere just minutes later after a scramble in the Forest Green penalty area fell the way of Conor Thomas, and after a number of bodies burled themselves on the goal-line Thomas was on hand to prod the ball home to level the score – and send the Robins faithful into raptures.

The fourth goal of the game certainly sparked both teams into life and it was end-to-end football towards the closing stages as Cheltenham looked to break at every opportunity.

Forest Green piled the pressure on deep into added time from a corner kick, but resilient defending from Cheltenham shut down the chance as they got deserved point from the local derby.   

ROBINS: Flinders (Gk), Thomas (Dawson 82’), Forster, Tozer, Mullins, Hussey, Atangana, Clements, Jones (Maddox 55’), Addai, Barnett (Varney 55’). Subs not used: Lovett, Alcock, Bower, Brennan.

FOREST GREEN: Montgomery (Gk), Shephard, James, Rawson, Winchester, Brown, Williams (Grubb 70’), Campbell (Reid 76’), Gunning, McGinley (Collins 87’), Mills. Subs not used: Thomas (Gk), Archibald, Worthington, Morris.


ATTENDANCE: 5,125 (879 away) 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account